Tips for Setting up a Wireless Router
With the enhanced technology of the today’s world, there is nothing that is impossible. Using the Netgear Extender Setup, you can pair any number of devices to a single network at the same time.
Setting up wireless home network is not a rocket -science these days. With the expert’s assistance, you can easily set up your home network of your own. Once your network is all setup, you will be able to use your internet via any of your wireless device throughout your premises. But prior to setup your home network, you must know how to setup a range extender. Let us guide you for the same.
Mywifiext: NETGEAR Extender Setup
Setting up a range extender is not a difficult task if you stick with mywi-fiext.com and follow the appropriate guidelines given by us. First of all, you have to make sure that your router is openly placed into a clean and dry area. Moreover, your router should be well and properly connected with the existing modem.
Now, grab your computer and connect it with your range extender. Next, what you have to do, open a web browser and type mywifiext.net into field of the address bar. When logged in successfully, you will be prompt to enter username and password (default) to the required fields.
Note: If you cannot open mywifiext.net, you can also type 192.168.1.250 (default IP address of the range extender) into the address bar instead of mywifiext. When the home page of NETGEAR Genie Setup displays upon your home screen, you just have to follow all the positive responses until it asks you to ‘finish’ the setup.
If you are still experiencing issues with your NETGEAR Extender Setup or want mywifiext.net setup success, don’t hesitate and feel free to call our tech support team on toll-free number 1-877-425-5462 any time of the day or night.
Tips for Setting up a Wireless Network
In order, to set up a router in your home network, connect it with your existing modem with the help on an Ethernet cable. But remember, both the devices supposed to be updated with the latest version of technology.
Have a word with us ‘the team of handpicked technicians is working worldwide” to help you in selecting the best router under your budget. Don’t worry, we will not go beyond your budget. We will select a device that suits your image.
- Once you have connected your modem and the router with each other, consider connecting your computer with it (router). It will result in the faster and stable internet connection ever and doesn’t require any brainteaser steps of troubleshooting.
- Now, connect one computer to the internet. This configuration is temporary. You can disconnect both the devices later. This process is required for changing the default details the SSID and password of router.
- Power on the router and log into the website of NETGEAR Genie Setup. You are now supposed to enter with the username and password provided to you by your router’s device manufacturer. After that, you have to go to the option ‘MAC Address’. You are now supposed to add the MAC address of your router and save the settings.
Note: MAC Address of range extender is very important for mywifiext.net setup and mywifiext.net login.
Configuration of a NETGEAR Router
- Find the IP address of the router and fill it into the address bar of a web browser. Once you are successfully logged in, type in the default username and password to proceed further with more valuable settings.
Open the Wireless Settings
Once you are into the home page of NETGEAR router web interface, the wireless section will allow you to set your wireless network safely and securely.
- The home page of router interface will take you to the main menu or status screen of the router.
- You will see several options to choose.
- The settings of the internet are set as default. Don’t worry; you can change them according to your own desire later.
- Contact our tech support team.
Enter a Wireless name for your Network
- Go to wireless section.
- Create a unique and strong wireless name for your network. This will protect your network and WiFi devices from unauthorized attack.
- Choose the best security for you. The most valuable encryption that is impossible to track is WPA2-PSK. Once done, create the strong password for your network.
- Save your settings. Click the ‘Apply’ button or ‘Save’.
- Consider changing the router’s default login credentials of username and password and block unusual third-party websites.
Now, you are free to connect your wired and wireless devices to the router. It just requires a small security step that you will tend to enter newly built SSID and password.
If there are still queries left related to above-given process, mywifiext.net not working, or any, don’t forget that we are still here to help you out in any manner.
VidLyf Blog is the next generation news portal featuring Latest News, Updates from Technology, Entertainment, Sports, Business, World Politics, Fashion, Lifestyle, Health, etc. Stay Updated, Stay Ahead!