Let’s accept this, no matter how efficient your call centre company is, how many agents you have employed, and how excellent software & hardware you have, there will always be times when the call surge is so high that the agents aren’t able to manage the calls. They try their best but they still fail to attend every call. It is inevitable, some calls have to go unanswered.
While managing the calls is really tough, it is not impossible. So, let us take a look at some of the tips below-
• The faster you will solve the problem of one caller, the faster you will be able to attend another. In order to end the call soon without hampering the customer satisfaction rate, you need to understand their problem accurately in the first time. For the same, the agents of your profitable call centre company should have impeccable listening skills. For inculcating the same you should conduct activities to improve their listening skills.
• Many customers have a past record of talking to a particular agent. So, the software that helps you in connecting the callers to the agents with whom they have had a conversation before should be used. This will help in decreasing the average handle time thereby giving you time to connect with other callers. How? If the caller will get connected to the agents he had a word with previously, both of them would be able to understand each other better; the problem will be known to the agent and this will help him in tackling the caller better than the new one.
• Avoid using scripts during such hike in calls. It is better to use the same as a guideline and not to mug it up. This will make the call sound more human and less robotic. Simply greet the customer, hear his problem and propose the best solution. This will make the customer happy and save your time. Also, try to increase the first call resolution rate.
• Be more proactive and less reactive. The less you will reach to the yelling of the customer, the better. Try to calm him down as soon as you can and solve the problem then. The more you will react, the more will the period of yelling and shouting extend. On the other hand, if you will handle callers proactively, they will be happier with your services.
• Give the callers the option to opt out of the long hold time and instead allow the agent to call them back when any of them gets free. This will improve your brand name as people will admire your responsiveness.
A call center company should always keep the aforementioned points in mind. After implementing these tips the company would surely be in a better position to handle customer demands.