Archive Office 365 mailboxes (called an In-Place Archive in Exchange Online) help people in your Office 365 organization take control of messaging data by providing additional email storage. Using Outlook or Outlook Web App, people can view messages in their archive mailbox and move or copy messages between their primary and archive Office 365 account items. Let’s know how to archive Office 365 Mailboxes to PST to save it locally. To overcome the default Microsoft retention Policy that’s assigned to every new mailbox created. As we know that once mailboxes are archived are not recoverable after 14 days.
Quick Solution To Archive Office 365 Mailbox to PST/ EML Format
SysTools Office 365 Backup solution helps the user to archive and save all the Office 365 items locally and restore it back when needed. According to the experts, it is the in budget best tool to export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST file. Get a quick overview of this best solution.
- Save & Export Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST file on Windows & Mac OS
- Backup Office 365 complete files including emails, contacts, and calendars.
- Option for admin to transfer multiple user accounts at one time.
- Naming convention option to export Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST file locally by user choice name.
- Filter option like email/date/users filter for selective Office 365 Backup.
- Archive & export emails from Office 365 to local Outlook PST 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & EML file formats.
How to Archive Office 365 Mailboxes To PST/ EML File Formats – Working
To Export Office 365 to PST perform following steps. Stepwise instruction is described below using SysTools Office365 Backup Solution:
- Download and Install SysTools Office 365 backup (exe). Run it on your local Machine to perform archiving Exchange Online to PST procedure.
Office 365 Backup can archive Office 365 mailbox to PST both single & multiple emails, contacts, a calendar to local server/system. It allows application impersonation option (for admin account) that helps the admin to convert multiple O365 mailboxes to PST.
- After Login, choose option Office 365 Backup to Archive Mailboxes locally. To restore PST file to Office 365 you can go with option Office 365 Restore.
- Select Office 365 Mailbox items which you want to backup from Office 365 account. and click on the browse button to choose a location to save Office 365 items after exporting to PST file Format.
During the migration process, entire data items selected automatically. Also, you can select any particular file and folder to archive as per your need. The data can be stored in the respective storage inside output PST files. All individual information will be stored in the PST file with respective emails, that makes the file good after you backup PST from Office 365.
- After selecting location click on Export Button. Select whichever file format you want to select and apply date filter if you want. In this example, I am selecting PST file format to backup and applied Date filter. As you can see in the displayed image. Now click on Start button to backup.
The user can perform a better “backup Office 365 mailbox to PST” & EML. Provides an option Featured to filter selective items to be downloaded/exported on the basis of a time interval or chose a folder. It allows saving only the needed Office 365 data items which is more important to be backup locally
- Click on Start Button to start Backup Procedure. It will take some time to download mailbox items. After a successful backup, the message will be displayed as shown in the figure. Just click on OK button.
After the data is exported/saved from OWA/Outlook Web App to desktop/hard disk, the Office 365 Backup tool will archive the data and maintain the exact folder structure. Office 365 Backup keeps all the metadata of the Outlook PST files, even after the “Office 365 export email to PST”. The original structure will not be changed after the PST file has been saved on computer/hard drive.
Check Full working Of this utility:- https://www.systoolsgroup.com/office365-backup/how-it-works.html
Edwin Hoffer is a Technical Expert blogger, currently known for his immense contribution at PDF Tips blog. Apart from blogging, he loves to participate in multiple communities & forums rejoices in assisting troubled users.